Applications Now Open! The first session is 13 to 30 June 2017.
Helderberg College is very excited to welcome interested individuals looking for a chance to expand their horizon to apply to the Higher Certificate in Office Management. The College offers the CHE accredited qualification with a SAQA ID 94574, as a block release part-time programme.
Candidates who complete this programme will receive a qualification in the field of Office Management. Emphasis is placed on cognitive and practical skills, which will assist the graduate in interacting with people, as well as boost his/her confidence in working with computer applications and office technology. The ultimate goal of the programme is to produce an office manager with outstanding office etiquette, job specific skills and high moral values.
Twenty candidates graduated with a Higher Certificate in Office Management in December 2016, many of them office staff from various conferences and other entities.
- Subject knowledge at NQF level 5 in the areas of secretarial practice, office management, business administration, computing, basic accounting, economics, human resources management, marketing, supervision, communication, writing, and public relations.
- Cognitive skills in understanding self, interacting with people.
- Practical skills in forming good work habits and office etiquette.
- Job specific skills such as computer application, office technology, records management, office management, public relations, customer relations, event management.
- Empowered to develop a spirit of service and commitment with integrity in their profession, and enriched to contribute to society with good citizenship.