Helderberg College is located in Somerset West, in the Western Cape Province of South Africa. Somerset West is half an hour’s drive from Cape Town via the N2 highway, and the nearest airport is Cape Town International Airport. The college overlooks the curve of False Bay across to Cape Point, and is nestled at the base of Helderberg Mountain, which is part of the Hottentots Holland range.
A closer look:
Click here for a Google Maps view of South Africa, showing Cape Town & Somerset West in the bottom left corner on the coast.
Click here for a street view of the Helderberg gate.
Longitude & latitude coordinates to our gate are: -34.055190, 18.843725 You can add those coordinates to your GPS or Google Maps.
Helderberg College Physical Address:
27 Annandale Drive
To reach the college by car from Cape Town:
- Take the N2 East from Cape Town, toward the Airport, Stellenbosch and Somerset West.
- Take the R44 turn-off, turning left just before Somerset Mall
- At the traffic lights by the Lord Charles Hotel, turn right into Main Road
- Take the first road left – Helderberg College Road
- Continue up the hill through three stop-streets, and take the first road left after the third stop-street (the stop-street is at the intersection with Irene Ave)- follow the sign indicating Helderberg College to the left.
- The security gate and campus entrance should be right in front of you, if you have not lost your way